Texas Pond Goals July 2017 – June 2018
18 months or less (Membership; Charity, Education; & Fellowship)
1. Maintain current membership at 90 or better in active DFW Ganders
- Initiation months will be – November, February and April
- Seek/recruit 20 new members
- Continue to develop a membership recruitment and retention strategy
- Continue building membership momentum and participation in monthly and local special events hosted by the Pond to 50% of our total active members in attendance at each meeting/event.
2. 2017 12th Annual Golf Tournament
- One Signature Sponsor
- (18) Sponsors
- 20 Golf Teams (80 golfers)
- Aggressively manage event expense
- Seek at minimum a goal of $5,000 to be distributed to our beneficiaries from the proceeds after expenses are paid
- Award Scholarship(s) – goal is to distribute up to $3,000 in annual scholarships
- Review Scholarship Timeline and provide selection committee members with of specific target dates for submission, review and award.
4. Charity endeavors for the fiscal year 2017/2018
- Establish and maintain a committee of 4-5 Ganders
- Continue with the five beneficiaries of: North Texas Food Bank, Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Wounded Warrior Project, Community Partners of Dallas and The Family Place.
- Include charity endeavors in our special events, RUSH for Goslings and at least 3 to 4 of our monthly meetings.
- Increase Pond involvement in the charity endeavors whether at our monthly meetings or at special events.
- Strive to have our charitable contributions equate to $100 per active dues paying member
5. Marketing & Communication
- Update each month the Pond’s Facebook and Linked-In pages
- Promote our meetings, events and any advertising sponsors via the Social Media platform in conjunction with our newsletter
- Establish a Social Media Coordinator
6. Continue to build service goals for the Texas Pond Committee formality, ownership and independence – follow the Texas Pond Operating Procedures to get these committees fully operational in 2016-2017
- RUSH FOR GOSLINGS – Chaired by the Most Loyal Gander
- Plan Event Create a New Year Kick Off Event with the proceeds going to the Texas Pond Scholarship Program.
- Follow –up on Event and with all guests/potential members
- Social Committee- Chaired by the Custodian of the Goslings and Supervisor of the Flock
- Develop a committee of 3 ganders that will undertake creating and developing activities for our membership and the insurance industry
- Seek at least two activities not meeting related for the development of Fellowship.
- Coordinate the activities for the Texas Pond Golf Tournament, the Pond’s largest fund raiser for its beneficiaries.
- Charity Committee – Chaired by a gander appointed by the Most Loyal Gander
- Acts as the Beneficiary Liaison to all chosen Beneficiaries of the Pond
- 5 Ganders needed to assist, each being assigned to one of the Beneficiaries for their primary focus.
- Scholarship Committee – Chaired by Guardian of the Pond
- 4 Ganders to assist with Scholarship Evaluation
- Calling Committee – Chaired by the Guardian of the Pond
- Guest Relations member 5 – 6 Ganders (or one Gander for every 15- 20 members), who will also act as greeters at the meetings/events
- Deliver to each newly initiated Gander a Welcome letter/package
- Obtain information on each newly initiated Gander for a write-up about them to be published in the newsletter following initiation.
7. Southern Region Grand Nest Convention Financial Commitment
- $2,500/year (minimum)
8. Encourage Ganders to attend the Blue Goose convention
greater than 18 months
1. Continue to support the Southern Region in hosting of the 2021 Convention.
2. Build leadership thorough committee development.
3. Develop guides for each committee to assist in the success and continuity of Pond’s goals.