Texas Pond Goals July 2018 – June 2019
18 months or less (Membership; Charity, Education; & Fellowship)
1. Maintain current membership at 100 or better in active DFW Ganders
- Initiation months will be – October & February
- Seek/recruit 20+ new members
- Continue to develop a membership recruitment and retention strategy
- Continue building membership momentum and participation in monthly and local special events hosted by the Pond to 50% of our total active members in attendance at each meeting/event.
2. 2019 13th Annual Golf Tournament (Spring)
- Evaluate our current relationship with Bear Creek and look for potential new location(s) to hold future tournaments
- One Signature Sponsor
- (18) Sponsors
- 20 Golf Teams (80 golfers)
- Aggressively manage event expense
- Seek at minimum a goal of $5,000 to be distributed to our beneficiaries from the proceeds after expenses are paid
- Award Scholarship(s) – goal is to distribute up to $5,000 in annual scholarships
- Increase the number of meetings for a sponsoring Gander to attend from 3 to 4
- Add to Scholarship criteria that a sponsoring Gander needs to have been a Blue Goose active dues paying member for a minimum of 2 years.
- Review Scholarship Timeline and provide selection committee members with guideline of specific target dates for application submission, review and scholarship award.
4. Charity endeavors for the fiscal year 2018/2019
- Continue with the four beneficiaries of: North Texas Food Bank, Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Community Partners of Dallas and The Family Place.
- Include charity endeavors in our special events, New Year Gala and at least 3 to 4 of our monthly meetings.
- Increase Pond involvement in the charity endeavors whether at our monthly meetings or at special events.
- Goal is to have our charitable contributions equate to $125 per active dues paying member
5. Marketing & Communication
- Update each month the Pond’s Facebook and Linked-In pages
- Add Instagram and Twitter to our social media foot print.
- Promote our meetings, events and any advertising sponsors via the various Social Media platforms in conjunction with our newsletter
6. Continue to build service goals for the Texas Pond Committee formality, ownership and independence – follow the Texas Pond Operating Procedures to get these committees fully operational in 2018-2019
- Social Committee- Chaired by the Most Loyal Gander
- Develop a committee of 3 ganders that will undertake creating and developing activities for our membership and the insurance industry
- Seek at least two activities not meeting related for the development of Fellowship.
- Create and plan a New Year Kick Off Event with the proceeds going to the Texas Pond Scholarship Program and one other beneficiary
- Follow –up on Event and with all guests/potential members
- Charity Committee – Chaired by two past PMLGs
- Acts as the Beneficiary Liaison to all chosen Beneficiaries of the Pond
- 5 Ganders needed to assist, each being assigned to one of the Beneficiaries for their primary focus and single point of contact.
- Scholarship Committee – Chaired by Guardian of the Pond
- 4 Ganders to assist with Scholarship Evaluation
- Golf Committee – Chaired by a PMLG and the Supervisor of the Flock
- Coordinate the activities for the Texas Pond Golf Tournament, the Pond’s largest fund raiser for its beneficiaries.
- Develop a committee of 5-6 ganders who will undertake the tasks of organizing, promoting, soliciting sponsors, and soliciting golfers
- Membership Committee – Chaired by the Custodian of the Goslings
- Guest Relations member 5 – 6 Ganders (or one Gander for every 15- 20 members), who will also act as greeters at the meetings/events
- Have the members of this committee be representative of both workers’ compensation as well as property industry.
- Deliver to each newly initiated Gander a Welcome letter/package
- Obtain information on each newly initiated Gander for a write-up about them to be published in the newsletter following initiation.
7. Southern Region Grand Nest Convention Financial Commitment
- $1,500/year (minimum)
8. Encourage Ganders to attend the Blue Goose convention
Greater than 18 months
- Continue to support the Southern Region in hosting of the 2021 Convention targeted for Tampa, FL.
- Build leadership and succession planning thorough committee development.
- Develop guides for each committee to assist in the success and continuity of Pond’s goals.
- Evaluate Social Media use and how to enhance/expand our digital footprint within the insurance industry.