The Texas Pond is proud to offer an opportunity for a deserving student of one of our Blue Goose members.
- Applications to be submitted and received by April 30th.
- Committee to review all submitted applications in month of May.
- Committee to evaluate and make recommendation on the number of scholarships and amount of each scholarship.
- Committee submits their recommendations to the Texas Pond Executive Committee for approval by June Executive meeting date.
- Awarded Scholarships will be announced at the June Blue Goose meeting of the Texas Pond.
- Awards will be issued to the applicable school in July/August after receipt of transcripts and verification that they meet the criteria established in the scholarship guidelines.
Honorable Order of the Blue Goose International
Scholarship Program for the Texas Pond
The objects of this Order shall be promotion of charity, good fellowship, and acts of benevolence among its members.
- Recipient must be a qualified dependent (son or daughter as declared for tax purposes), or verifiable grandson, granddaughter of a Blue Goose member of the Texas Pond.
- The Blue Goose member must be in good standing with the Texas Pond and the Grand Nest with their dues being current, and must attend three (3) business meetings between July 1st – April 30th for an applicant’s application to be reviewed in May. The Blue Goose year runs from July 1st to June 30th.
- Recipient can be a senior in high school, or prep school, and must be currently or subsequently enrolled in and accepted as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college, junior/ community college, university, or certified trade school.
- Recipient can be a full-time student at an accredited college, junior/community college, university or trade school for the freshman, sophomore, or junior year.
- The Texas Pond Executive Committee allocates funds each year to be awarded for scholarships, and the Texas Pond Scholarship Committee determines the amount of the allocated funds to be awarded to a recipient.
- Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for scholarship funds, up to four years, provided the recipient has/had maintained eligibility; a satisfactory academic record; the sponsoring Blue Goose member has remained in good standing with the Texas Pond and Grand Nest as outlined in #2 above; and the recipient has made a written request or scholarship renewal. Renewal request must include a letter of accomplishments and include a copy of the most recent academic transcript. If a renewal scholarship is awarded, it may or may not be at the same amount as the original scholarship award.
- Scholarship awards will be paid to the accredited institution one has chosen or has been accepted to. Funds must be used within the defined school year. Any unused funds must be returned to the Texas Pond of Blue Goose., in the event of withdrawal, dismissal, or failure to complete the minimum hours required or GPA to be qualified as a full-time student. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Texas Pond Scholarship Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the Texas Pond.
- Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of the Texas Pond Scholarship Committee and approved by the Executive Committee of the Texas Pond.
- All applications must be completed and submitted in full. If mailed it must be post marked by the April 30th. NO application will be reviewed if the application package is incomplete or post marked after April 30th.
- Academics (GPA/Class Rank/ scores i.e. SAT)
- Extracurricular Activities
- Community Involvement
- Application essay (minimum of 500 words) (Neatness and grammar are considered.)
- Three recommendations/references (1-personal & 2-academic; references must be dated within the last 6 months; letters must be originals – no photocopies)
- List any other financial aid or scholarships you have received for the school year. Include the dollar amount you are receiving.
If you would like to apply for the Texas Pond Student Scholarship, please download the scholarship application below and submit it.